News & Announcements
For the 8th time, Our event “Além do Mar” is back!
- Friday 17th: 19:30-21:30 in our gym at Portman
- Saturday 18th: 10:30-12:30 and 14:30-18:00 in JiaoTong University East Campus, Chongqing Nan lu 227, Building 10, 1st Floor (near Jiangguo Lu)
- Sunday 19th: 10:30-12:30 and 14:00-17:00 in JiaoTong University East Campus
|Mestre Marcelo Caveirinha||Contra-Mestre Primo||Professora Janaina|
|Mandinga Oakland||CDO Bologna||CDO Munchen|
Please be informed that from February 18th to February 24th 2015 we will follow the following schedule:
- Feb.18,19,20: classes cancelled
- Feb. 21: all levels class from 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Feb.22: cancelled
- Feb. 23: all levels class from 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Feb.24: cancelled
From February 25th back to our regular schedule.
On November 8th we will perform at the International Schools Fairs, at the Atrium of Shanghai Center, 1376 Nanjing Road West.
Free Entrance for All.
Starting from today, every Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00pm to 8:30pm there will be a special strength and mobility class for advanced capoeiristas. From 8:30pm to 9:30pm advanced capoeira class will follow.
Instrutor Diego “Guerreiro” (who’s also a certified PT) has been Ido Portal student for over three years and these special strength and mobility classes will focus on his Method.
This specialized training will allow students to become more resilient and mobile, preventing many capoeira-related injuries and preparing their bodies to learn more advanced (and demanding) capoeira movements.
One legend in capoeira, Mestre Brasilia will be for the first time in Shanghai teaching daily workshops from September 25th to September 29th included.
- Thursday and Friday: 8:30pm- 10:00pm
- Saturday: 4:30pm-7:00pm
- Sunday: 7:00mp-9:00pm
- Monday: 8:00pm-9:45pm
- RMB800 for the full event
- RMB300 for one day only
For info and registration:
A group of performers indelibly etched the excitement and color of the Brazilian art form capoeira into the minds of viewers around the world at the opening ceremony of the FIFA World Cup half a month ago.
Capoeira originated from the slave communities on the east coast of Brazil, its popularity exploding internationally over the past 25 years or so, drawing some dedicated fans in Shanghai in the process.
If you missed our event on April 2014 and want to see what happened, check this out!
Capoeira Mandinga Shanghai VII Batizado, with Mestre Marcelo and Contra Mestre Omi, will take place on April 18-19-20 at Wellness Expert at The Center (Portman), on Nanjing Xi lu n. 1376 , 6th floor, Room 666. 南京西路1376号, 上海商城6楼, 近西康路
- 20:00-21:45 capoeira workshop
- 11:00-14:00 workshops
- 14:00-16:00 lunch break
- 16:00-18:00 batizado roda and open roda
- 20:00: Dinner somewhere
- 11:00-13:30: capoeira workshops
- 13:30-15:00 lunch break
- 15:00-17:00: workshops and roda
- 17:00-18:00: final bate papo
- 18:30: Dinner somewhere
- RMB1500 for the full week of workshops with CM Omi (Wed.16th to Tue22nd)+batizado weekend;
- RMB800 for the batizado weekend 19th-20th of April
- RMB800 only for CM Omi workshops from April 16th to April 22nd
- RMB200 for single workshop/roda
Registration: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have regular classes until this Wednesday 29th of January (no class on the 30th).
During the Chinese New Year Holidays, we will have two capoeira classes on on the 3rd and 5th of February at 5pm.
From Friday 7th of February, we will go back to our regular schedule.
Address: Wellness Expert at The Center (Portman), on Nanjing Xi lu n. 1376 , 6th floor, Room 666. 南京西路1376号, 上海商城6楼, 近西康路. Subway: Jing’An Temple (line 2, 7) [map]