News & Announcements
We will have regular classes until this Wednesday 29th of January (no class on the 30th).
During the Chinese New Year Holidays, we will have two capoeira classes on on the 3rd and 5th of February at 5pm.
From Friday 7th of February, we will go back to our regular schedule.
Address: Wellness Expert at The Center (Portman), on Nanjing Xi lu n. 1376 , 6th floor, Room 666. 南京西路1376号, 上海商城6楼, 近西康路. Subway: Jing’An Temple (line 2, 7) [map]
This Sunday, January 12th, at 2 pm we will meet for watching a capoeira documentary “Mestre Bimba: Capoeira Iluminada”. Everybody is welcome, so tell your friends if they’re interested in understanding more about capoeira.
About the movie:
One of the best pieces of work showing the life of Mestre Bimba and his work with Capoeira Regional. The interviews with his former students, now Mestres, are full of history and great information. The bonus features with his son Mestre Nenel are priceless. This video is a must for any serious Capoeirista who understands the value of history in the art we practice today.
Language: It’s in Portuguese with English subtitles, and someone will help translating into Chinese the key parts.
Venue: Jojo Kebab, 1321 Yuyuan Lu, near Dingxi Lu (Metro: Zhongshan park, exit 5 on line 2). 愚园路1321号, 近定西路
Due to Christmas and New Year holidays, classes will be canceled on Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th, Tuesday 31st, Wednesday 1st.
Important! Monday 23rd, Thursday 26th, Friday 27th, Saturday 28th, Monday 30th, Thursday 2nd, Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th will be ALL-LEVEL CLASSES, for both beginners and intermediates.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Video of Instrutores Guerreiro and Juan (Biriba Brasil) is up and online
Video on Tudou
Video of Prof. Horrivel is only on Tudou for now, working on a youtube version:
Bom dia galera!
Professor Horrivel (Cordão de Ouro – Milan) will be in Shanghai teaching classes everyday from Saturday November 2nd to Saturday November 9th included.
He’s an impressive capoeirista and a great teacher with great methodology. The classes from Monday to Friday will still be divided in beginner and intermediate levels. Saturday and Sunday classes will be for all levels.
We will keep our regular schedule with an extra class on Sunday 3rd from 16:00 to 17:00.
The price is the following:
- Rmb500: package for all the classes you are entitled to attend;
- Rmb250 for one class
During the holidays we will have the following schedule (classes for ALL Levels):
- Monday, September 30th: 20:00-21:30
- Wednesday, October 2nd: 12:00-13:30
- Saturday, October 5th: 16:30-18:30
- Monday, October 7th: 20:00-21:30
Starting from Tuesday October 8th, back to regular schedule.
KIDS CLASS: There will be one kid class on Wednesday, October 2nd, from 11:00 to 12:00. Classes are CANCELLED on Saturday 5th and Saturday 12th of October. Back to regular schedule on Saturday 19th of October, at 15:30.
Salve gente! The schedule during Mid-Autumn Holidays is the following:
- Thursday, Sept. 19th: 10:30am-12:00pm – special class on bananeira drills, queda de rim, locomotion;
- Friday, Sept. 20th: 17:30-19:00 – all levels capoeira class
- Saturday, Sept.21st: 16:30-18:30 – all levels capoeira class with music and roda
Hello Good People,
For those interested we are selling some goodies, find the list bellow. Note that for the month of September all the prices are 50% off !! So hurry up before it’s gone.
If you are interested in any item ask the person in charge of the class (Guerreiro, Magia, Princesa, Chupa Teta or Virtual).
- Tshirts and Pants 50 RMB –> 25 RMB till the end of the month. You don’t want to get this white abada all dirty in ZhongShan Park, do you…?
- DVD of our Mestre’s Batizado, Mandinga 2005. 10 RMB –> 5 RMB till the end of the month. With many Mestres’ game, including the Mestre Toro, Mestre Cabello and many others…
- Mandinga Bags in of all kinds: 10 RMB –> 5 RMB till the end of the month
- There are couple of other DVDs but in limited number so they are not for sell, but feel free to ask us and borrow it.