Here’s a message from our Mestre.
Once again we will have a two weeks Capoeira trip to Brazil in the beautiful tropical town of Ubatuba on the north coast of São Paulo from July 26 to August 2nd where we will have some great mestres from different parts of Brazil. Than we head up to Itacaré, South of Bahia to mestre Cabelo’s event from August 3rd to 9th.
The cost of each of the events individually will be $600 and $1100 for both events. That includes ground transportation from the airport to the locations, room and board for the entire week of the event and all the classes with all the mestres. The air ticket will have to be purchased by the participants. All participants should plan to arrive at the São Paulo Cumbica airport (GRU) on July 26th in the morning and leave from São Paulo (Cumbica or Congonhas) to Ilhéus (South of Bahia) on Monday August 3rd in the afternoon.
A fifty percent payment must be made until April first and the remaining no later than July first. A payment plan through a financial company Members Solutions will be set for people to enroll on the events. The total cost of both the events will be divided in monthly payments starting from when you want to begin the first payment up until July first. Refunds are applicable in case you
decide to cancel your trip (a $50 penalty plus 10% charge of all made payments will apply as a cancellation fee). More details will be available later but please save the dates. Note: It is possible for people from counties other than the USA to get enrolled on the payment plan as long as they have an international credit card.
Check the links below to see the areas where the events will happening.
Muito axé and capoeira no pé!
PS. More detailed information will be posted at our website — www.mandinga.org
Saturday 13th of December a good friend of Capoeira Mandinga Shanghai, graduado Turista from Capoeira Brasil Barcelona, will come to our training and roda!
Everyone is invited to come wearing the white uniform and bringing the instruments.
Even if in China capoeira is still at its beginning, Shanghai is an international city and there are always capoeiristas visiting us from all over the world.
Mestre Cobra Mansa, beyond being a mestre of Capoeira Angola, is also dedicated to the practice of permaculture at his farm in Valença, Bahia. He along with several other specialists will be hosting the first Agropercologica Meeting, an event which will combine agriculture, permaculture, ecological construction, and Capoeira Angola, at the farm this January. Here are the details…
There’s a list of some passed events:
- 2008.11.25 | Open roda | Another damn Villa Party
- 2008.09.19-22 | Batizado | Performances, Roda’s, special classes etc.
- 2008.09.13 | Party at the Villa | Performed Rodas at a Party at the Villa
- 2008.09.06 | Latina Performances | Performed Roda and Samba.
- 2008.06.29 | Performance at Latina Brazilian BBQ restaurant | Performed Roda and Samba.
- 2008.06.29 | Pinnacle Realestate Consulting Kid’s Day Performance | Performed Roda for a group of visiting youngsters and their parents during an open house event.
- 2008.06.26 | Johnnie Walker Performance – Ningbo | Performed 5.5min rehersed routine for Johnnie Walker promotional event in a prominent club in Ningbo as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2008.05.23 | Yew Chung International School Performance | Performed Roda’s, taught introductory classes introduced Brazilian culture as part of an international cultural fair for international middle school
- 2008.05.21 | Johnie Walker Performance | Performed 4.5min rehersed routine for Johny Walker promotional event in Muse Club in TongLeFang as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2008.04.21 | Johny Walker Performance | Performed 4.5min rehersed routine for Johny Walker promotional event in CD club on Jiangning Lu as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2007.12.07-09 | Workshop with Mestre Marcelo | Three day workshop with Mestre Marcelo. This is when the Shanghai group became part of Capoeira Mandinga.
- 2006.07.01 | Zapata’s Bar and Grill Performance | Rehersed Performance and open Roda.
- 2006.06.27 | Zapata’s Bar and Grill Performance | Rehersed Performance and open Roda.