1954, Roda of Capoeira, one of the oldest film about Capoeira, with the participation Traíra, Curió, Nagé, Waldemar, Caiçara, Crispim, Bugalho and Mestre Bimba.
This for me is one of the most emotional feeling I ever felt! Enjoy it, Capoeira Lovers!
An introduction to the martial art Capoeira, featuring the Capoeira Mandinga Academy in Oakland, CA. An Expression Art College podcast.
Moral: Remember rules of Mestre Bimba, especially rule no.3:
- Quit smoking.
- Quit drinking, alcohol is bad for your metabolism.
- Do not show off your progresses to your friends outside the roda. Hold them back and surprise people with them in a fight.
- Avoid conversation while training. Be quiet while in the academy and, by observing the other fighters, learn more.
- Always practice the ginga.
- Practice the fundamental exercises daily.
- Do not be afraid to get close to your opponent. The closer your keep, the more you will learn.
- Keep your body relaxed.
- It is better to get beat up in the roda than on the streets.