Moral: Remember rules of Mestre Bimba, especially rule no.3:
- Quit smoking.
- Quit drinking, alcohol is bad for your metabolism.
- Do not show off your progresses to your friends outside the roda. Hold them back and surprise people with them in a fight.
- Avoid conversation while training. Be quiet while in the academy and, by observing the other fighters, learn more.
- Always practice the ginga.
- Practice the fundamental exercises daily.
- Do not be afraid to get close to your opponent. The closer your keep, the more you will learn.
- Keep your body relaxed.
- It is better to get beat up in the roda than on the streets.