Our friend Contra Mestre Espeto from “Capoeira Força de Arte” will come to Shanghai on the 17th, 18th and 19th of July!
This time he’s coming with two of his best students, high level capoeiristas from Osaka!
Check our Capoeira Workshop Schedule for details.
Please try to pay and confirm your participation as soon as possible.
It’s gonna be a massivevent.
Price is 300rmb.
This Saturday 20th of June at 2:45pm we’ll do a capoeira show for a fund-raising event nearby Science and Technology Museum.
Zhanjiabanng Originality Street: Entrance 1 – Dong Xiu Road and Jin Yan Road; Entrance 2 – Jin Xiu Road and Jin Yan Road
5 Minutes from Line 2 Metro Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station Exit 6
It will be for kids, similar to the show that we did last year at Pinnacle’s Huashan.
Now the event should be bigger so we need to be as many as possible! after the show we’ll have our usual class at 5pm.
Capoeira Workshops in Shanghai China with C.M. Espeto and Capoeira Mandinga Shanghai!
Date: 17th-20th of July, 2009
Organizer: Capoeira Mandinga Shanghai
Special guest: Contra Mestre Espeto, Força da Arte – Osaka JAPAN
This event on Facebook — http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105983044947
More details will be published soon.
We will be performing at the LGBT Pride event on Saturday, June 13th at the Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu (294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu).
They’re expecting around 500 people to attend, so it will be a great opportunity for us to promote capoeira … and it should also be lots of fun! We’re on at 3 – please wear your whites, bring your instruments and lots of energy. We can all go together to class at Zhongshan Park afterwards.
Please confirm with me that you can attend 🙂
Our friends in Beijing are having their first workshop from the evening of June 4th (thursday) until the evening of June 8th (monday). Price is 500 RMB for all 5 days, or 300 if you can only go for the weekend. The workshop will be with professor Chumbinho from Grupo Brasil Hong Kong.
Capoeira events are a great time and I would highly recommend attending if you can. Please let us know if you’re going so we can give them lots of notice to arrange housing 🙂
We’ll be having some dinners, some parties, a BBQ or two and not to mention enough roda’s to give you blisters. On your hands.
So here’s the final schedule of all the events:
- Thursday night 19:30 – 21:30 J-Ballet Studio
- Friday night 19:30 – 21:30 J-Ballet Studio
- Saturday afternoon 14:00 – 16:00 Choayang park
- Saturday evening 17:30 – 19:30 J-Ballet Studio
- Sunday afternoon 14:00 – 16:00 The Village
- Sunday evening 17:30 – 19:30 J-Ballet Studio
- Monday night 20:30 – 22:00 Zhongguancun the Gate mall 11th floor easy dance studio
Chumbinho will bring some t-shirts, cd’s and other merchandise so bring some extra money along.
NB: the workshop costs RMB 500 for the 5 days, or 100 per day with a minimum of RMB 200.
Our friend Contra Mestre Espeto from Osaka will come to Shanghai on the 27th, 28th and 29th of March: it’s just three week from now!
It will be a full capoeira weekend with workshops on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Further details will be communicated soon.
Price for the workshop will be 300rmb.
Please try to pay and confirm your participation as soon as possible.
Will be massive!
It could be that some capoeiristas from Beijing will come for this event: I’ll let you know how many, they’ll need a place where to stay.
About contra mestre Espeto
CM Espeto has been training in the art of Capoeira since 1994. He first started Capoeira in anouther Capoeira group. Continue reading “Workshop with contra mestre Espeto”
Here’s a message from our Mestre.
Once again we will have a two weeks Capoeira trip to Brazil in the beautiful tropical town of Ubatuba on the north coast of São Paulo from July 26 to August 2nd where we will have some great mestres from different parts of Brazil. Than we head up to Itacaré, South of Bahia to mestre Cabelo’s event from August 3rd to 9th.
The cost of each of the events individually will be $600 and $1100 for both events. That includes ground transportation from the airport to the locations, room and board for the entire week of the event and all the classes with all the mestres. The air ticket will have to be purchased by the participants. All participants should plan to arrive at the São Paulo Cumbica airport (GRU) on July 26th in the morning and leave from São Paulo (Cumbica or Congonhas) to Ilhéus (South of Bahia) on Monday August 3rd in the afternoon.
A fifty percent payment must be made until April first and the remaining no later than July first. A payment plan through a financial company Members Solutions will be set for people to enroll on the events. The total cost of both the events will be divided in monthly payments starting from when you want to begin the first payment up until July first. Refunds are applicable in case you
decide to cancel your trip (a $50 penalty plus 10% charge of all made payments will apply as a cancellation fee). More details will be available later but please save the dates. Note: It is possible for people from counties other than the USA to get enrolled on the payment plan as long as they have an international credit card.
Check the links below to see the areas where the events will happening.
Muito axé and capoeira no pé!
PS. More detailed information will be posted at our website — www.mandinga.org
Saturday 13th of December a good friend of Capoeira Mandinga Shanghai, graduado Turista from Capoeira Brasil Barcelona, will come to our training and roda!
Everyone is invited to come wearing the white uniform and bringing the instruments.
Even if in China capoeira is still at its beginning, Shanghai is an international city and there are always capoeiristas visiting us from all over the world.
There’s a list of some passed events:
- 2008.11.25 | Open roda | Another damn Villa Party
- 2008.09.19-22 | Batizado | Performances, Roda’s, special classes etc.
- 2008.09.13 | Party at the Villa | Performed Rodas at a Party at the Villa
- 2008.09.06 | Latina Performances | Performed Roda and Samba.
- 2008.06.29 | Performance at Latina Brazilian BBQ restaurant | Performed Roda and Samba.
- 2008.06.29 | Pinnacle Realestate Consulting Kid’s Day Performance | Performed Roda for a group of visiting youngsters and their parents during an open house event.
- 2008.06.26 | Johnnie Walker Performance – Ningbo | Performed 5.5min rehersed routine for Johnnie Walker promotional event in a prominent club in Ningbo as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2008.05.23 | Yew Chung International School Performance | Performed Roda’s, taught introductory classes introduced Brazilian culture as part of an international cultural fair for international middle school
- 2008.05.21 | Johnie Walker Performance | Performed 4.5min rehersed routine for Johny Walker promotional event in Muse Club in TongLeFang as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2008.04.21 | Johny Walker Performance | Performed 4.5min rehersed routine for Johny Walker promotional event in CD club on Jiangning Lu as part of the Keep Walking Promotional Tour.
- 2007.12.07-09 | Workshop with Mestre Marcelo | Three day workshop with Mestre Marcelo. This is when the Shanghai group became part of Capoeira Mandinga.
- 2006.07.01 | Zapata’s Bar and Grill Performance | Rehersed Performance and open Roda.
- 2006.06.27 | Zapata’s Bar and Grill Performance | Rehersed Performance and open Roda.